We are writing to formally advise you that with great reluctance we have today decided to postpone Channel-Sec 2020 which was scheduled for Thursday 19 March. This decision has been taken in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all participants in the light of the worsening COVID-19 situation internationally. We are currently working with the venue to arrange a new date in the autumn which we hope to be able to confirm within the next few days.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience that this postponement causes and to thank you for your continued support and understanding in these difficult times.
COVID-19 Coronavirus: Information for Attendees
Channel-Sec is taking place as scheduled on 19 March 2020 at the Royal Garden Hotel, London. The health and safety of our exhibitors, visitors and staff is our number one priority. We understand you may be concerned about the impact of the Coronavirus situation. We want to reassure you that both the organisers (IT Europa) and the venue (the Royal Garden Hotel, London) are actively engaged in minimising any potential risks and continue to monitor the situation closely. Our strategy and approach are consistent with the World Health Organization (WHO) the Centre for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and government recommendations and is designed to prioritise attendee health and safety. We strongly urge our exhibitors and visitors to refer to the guidelines and protocols as suggested by WHO (www.who.int), CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html) and local /national public health authorities to contain and mitigate against any further spread of the virus.
Measures being implemented include:
- Providing alcohol-based hand sanitizer in multiple locations, plus advise to all attendees to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide tissues and no-touch disposal receptacles for use by attendees.
- Deep clean of all furniture, exhibit booths.
- Focused awareness and training of all venue staff on standard personal preventative measures, e.g. personal hygiene, frequency of use of sanitising/disinfection products, etc.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection programme across all high-volume touchpoints, e.g. catering areas, surfaces, handrails, WCs, entrances/exits, public touch-screens, etc. along with the use of correct cleaning/sanitising materials and products.
- Provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (for example, keyboards, remote controls, desks) can be wiped down by users before each use and between staff changeovers.
- Implementing a microphone disinfecting and change protocol for all speakers.
We are continually monitoring the evolving situation and will adapt our plans according to developments and advice from government and public health agencies. We will also not be accepting registrations or attendees from badly effected regions such as China, Iran, Italy and South Korea.
The venue for this years event is at the 5 star Royal Garden Hotel based in Kensington. Come and join us on the 19th March 2020, Co-located with with the European IT & Software Excellence Awards.
Royal Garden Hotel
Address: 2-24 Kensington High St,Kensington, London, W8 4PT